Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Brief Life, an Even Shorter Goodbye

You will have to forgive my brevity.  I am not feeling effusive. I simply need to say that this last two days on the ranch have been some of our saddest since moving here.  Our beloved Fiona disappeared on Sunday morning while we were shuttling our cows across the road.  Shortly thereafter three gunshots were fired to the north of us and very close.  Lu-Lu came home trembling with fear and Fiona hasn't returned since.  We have most likely seen her for the last time.  My last interaction with her was great.  We played together in Maureen's front yard, ever so briefly.  I rubbed her back and playfully tossed her around.  She ran out in front of me and then came loping back for more attention.  After a minute I went inside for coffee and never saw her again.

Please pray for Annika, Emma, Korin, Nicholas, Tera and me...we have lost a very dear member of our family and the yard/the ranch just isn't the same without her.  Thank you.    

No comments:

Blog Archive